Wyoming Apartments for Rent
The state of Wyoming has a population of just over 515,000 people; it's the least populous state in the union. In the 1800s the territory's population grew when the Union Pacific Railroad came to town; the railroad played a part in expanding the cattle industry in the state, because it enabled goods to get to consumers in the east fast enough. A source of pride for Wyomingites is that their Yellowstone National Park, site of Old Faithful and home to elk, buffalo, and excellent camping and hiking, was the first national park in the country; it was founded in 1872. Nearly half of the land in the state is managed by the U.S. government, by agencies including the U.S. Forest Service and the Bureau of Land Management.
Tourism is one of the state's biggest industries: it's home to other natural draws such as Grand Teton National Park, Devil's Tower National Monument, and Fossil Butte National Monument. Hay, sugar, beets, grain and wool are other major industries. The state capital, Cheyenne, shares its name with the Native American tribe that populated the eastern plains in the 18th and 19th centuries. Wyoming was the first state in the Union to elect a female governor, Nellie Tayloe Ross; Ross was elected in 1924. Because of the rights given to women early on in the state, Wyoming has the nickname "The Equality State."
If you're interested in finding apartments for rent in Wyoming consider looking in the capital or in the other largest cities in the state, Casper and Laramie. You can also find apartments near the University of Wyoming if you're relocating in an effort to give yourself the opportunity to pursue higher education. If you do end up moving, you might be interested to know about the state's typical seasons: the Chinook winds bring milder winter temperatures to the region, while summers get very hot but with cool, pleasant nights.
Moving to Wyoming? Try these popular cities to learn more about neighborhoods, average rents and deposits that will make finding your new home that much easier. If you are still unsure of where to live try clicking on the map to see all of the apartments for rent in Wyoming.
Popular Cities in Wyoming
Featured Properties in Wyoming
- Alpine Meadows 3870 E 8th Street Casper, WY 82609 Phone Number: (307) 462-4001
- Sunridge 3900 E 12th Street Casper, WY 82609 Phone Number: (307) 462-4052
- Casper Village 2300 E 18th Street Casper, WY 82609 Phone Number: (307) 439-1945
- Mountainside 4109 E Pershing Boulevard Cheyenne, WY 82001 Phone Number: (307) 459-5025
- Pershing Pointe 1900 Rainbow Road Cheyenne, WY 82001 Phone Number: (307) 459-5396
- College Park Townhomes 224 College Park Circle Gillette, WY 82718 Phone Number: (307) 696-2981
- Mountain Elk Ridge Apartments 4700 Mountain Road Cheyenne, WY 82009 Phone Number: (307) 459-5003
- Aspen Court Apt. Homes 760 Landmark Drive Casper, WY 82609 Phone Number: (307) 462-0415
- Windwood Manor Apartments 2500 WINDWOOD DR Cheyenne, WY 82001 Phone Number: (307) 222-4481
- $950 studio in Lander-8365 State Hwy 789 8365 State Hwy 789 Lander, WY 82520 Phone Number: (201) 845-7300