Wyoming Apartments for Rent
The state of Wyoming has a population of just over 515,000 people; it's the least populous state in the union. In the 1800s the territory's population grew when the Union Pacific Railroad came to town; the railroad played a part in expanding the cattle industry in the state, because it enabled goods to get to consumers in the east fast enough. A source of pride for Wyomingites is that their Yellowstone National Park, site of Old Faithful and home to elk, buffalo, and excellent camping and hiking, was the first national park in the country; it was founded in 1872. Nearly half of the land in the state is managed by the U.S. government, by agencies including the U.S. Forest Service and the Bureau of Land Management.
Tourism is one of the state's biggest industries: it's home to other natural draws such as Grand Teton National Park, Devil's Tower National Monument, and Fossil Butte National Monument. Hay, sugar, beets, grain and wool are other major industries. The state capital, Cheyenne, shares its name with the Native American tribe that populated the eastern plains in the 18th and 19th centuries. Wyoming was the first state in the Union to elect a female governor, Nellie Tayloe Ross; Ross was elected in 1924. Because of the rights given to women early on in the state, Wyoming has the nickname "The Equality State."
If you're interested in finding apartments for rent in Wyoming consider looking in the capital or in the other largest cities in the state, Casper and Laramie. You can also find apartments near the University of Wyoming if you're relocating in an effort to give yourself the opportunity to pursue higher education. If you do end up moving, you might be interested to know about the state's typical seasons: the Chinook winds bring milder winter temperatures to the region, while summers get very hot but with cool, pleasant nights.
Moving to Wyoming? Try these popular cities to learn more about neighborhoods, average rents and deposits that will make finding your new home that much easier. If you are still unsure of where to live try clicking on the map to see all of the apartments for rent in Wyoming.
Popular Cities in Wyoming
Featured Properties in Wyoming
- Windwood Manor Apartments 2500 WINDWOOD DR Cheyenne, WY 82001 Phone Number: (307) 222-4481
- $950 studio in Lander-8365 State Hwy 789 8365 State Hwy 789 Lander, WY 82520 Phone Number: (201) 845-7300
- $985 One bedroom in Madison-University Ave University Ave Madison, WI 53726 Phone Number: (201) 845-7300
- Springview Manor Apartments 915 Walnut St Rock Springs, WY 82901 Phone Number: (307) 382-5335
- Fairway Estates 1020 Country Club Rd Gillette, WY 82718 Phone Number: (307) 686-9988
- Rendezvous Apts 12 Charles Pinedale, WY 82941 Phone Number: (307) 367-3188
- Mountain Side Apartments 4109 East Pershing Blvd. Cheyenne, WY 82001 Phone Number: (307) 772-4800
- Dillon Vista Apartments 125 Dillon Dr Lander, WY 82520 Phone Number: (307) 332-2050
- Wright Manor Apartments 214 Byson Ct Wright, WY 82732 Phone Number: (307) 464-1404
- Jackson Hole Apartments Llc 1130 Gregory Ln Jackson, WY 83001 Phone Number: (307) 732-0435