District of Columbia Apartments for Rent
In spite of its small size D.C. is home to over 600,000 people. Finding apartments for rent in the district can be challenging at times, but many people commute into the city center from more suburban areas, no problem thanks to a reliable public transportation system that includes buses and a Metrorail. After searching for apartments find out more about the benefits D.C. has to offer residents by visiting D.C.gov.
The city hosts visitors from around the world curious to see the many monuments to the nation's famous leaders.Lincoln, Jefferson, Washington.and events that have required great human sacrifice on the part of American soldiers, such as the Vietnam War and the Korean War. A prime draw for many can be assumed to be the White House, where the President and his family live. But also worth visiting are the National Air and Space Museum, the National Gallery of Art, and the massive Smithsonian Institution; Washington.org provides an excellent list of free activities for the area, such as the Cherry Blossom Festival.
Students may be looking for apartments to live in during their time studying at one of D.C.'s top-notch colleges as rated by Forbes.com, such as Georgetown University, Catholic University of America, and George Washington University. It could be tough to find apartments near the White House in your budget, but the District has a series of grid-like streets that make it easy to navigate the area.
D.C. has a special place in the American consciousness. In 1963 Martin Luther King led the March on Washington to pressure the government to act on civil rights issues, giving his famous "I Have A Dream" speech before 250,000 people. In 1987, more than half a million people visited the Aids Quilt, constructed of panels commemorating people who had lost their lives to HIV/AIDS.
Moving to District of Columbia? Try these popular cities to learn more about neighborhoods, average rents and deposits that will make finding your new home that much easier. If you are still unsure of where to live try clicking on the map to see all of the apartments for rent in District of Columbia.
Popular Cities in District of Columbia
Featured Properties in District of Columbia
- Mass Court 300 Massachusetts Ave NW Washington, DC 20001 Phone Number: (202) 803-8427
- The DeSoto 1445 P Street NW Washington, DC 20005 Phone Number: (202) 803-8502
- 3801 Connecticut Avenue 3801 Connecticut Ave NW Washington, DC 20008 Phone Number: (202) 760-4479
- The Kenmore 5415 Connecticut Ave Nw Washington, DC 20015 Phone Number: (202) 760-4460
- Woodward Building 733 15th St NW Washington, DC 20005 Phone Number: (202) 803-8373
- Hudson Apartments 1425 P St NW Washington, DC 20005 Phone Number: (202) 803-8442
- Highland House West Apartments 4450 S Park Ave Chevy Chase, MD 20815 Phone Number: (301) 760-2040
- Crystal House 2000 S Eads Street Arlington, VA 22202 Phone Number: (240) 345-3656
- The Paramount 1425 S Eads St Arlington, VA 22202 Phone Number: (240) 523-4976
- Spectrum Apartments 5055 S Chesterfield Rd Arlington, VA 22206 Phone Number: (703) 997-7940