District of Columbia Apartments for Rent
In spite of its small size D.C. is home to over 600,000 people. Finding apartments for rent in the district can be challenging at times, but many people commute into the city center from more suburban areas, no problem thanks to a reliable public transportation system that includes buses and a Metrorail. After searching for apartments find out more about the benefits D.C. has to offer residents by visiting D.C.gov.
The city hosts visitors from around the world curious to see the many monuments to the nation's famous leaders.Lincoln, Jefferson, Washington.and events that have required great human sacrifice on the part of American soldiers, such as the Vietnam War and the Korean War. A prime draw for many can be assumed to be the White House, where the President and his family live. But also worth visiting are the National Air and Space Museum, the National Gallery of Art, and the massive Smithsonian Institution; Washington.org provides an excellent list of free activities for the area, such as the Cherry Blossom Festival.
Students may be looking for apartments to live in during their time studying at one of D.C.'s top-notch colleges as rated by Forbes.com, such as Georgetown University, Catholic University of America, and George Washington University. It could be tough to find apartments near the White House in your budget, but the District has a series of grid-like streets that make it easy to navigate the area.
D.C. has a special place in the American consciousness. In 1963 Martin Luther King led the March on Washington to pressure the government to act on civil rights issues, giving his famous "I Have A Dream" speech before 250,000 people. In 1987, more than half a million people visited the Aids Quilt, constructed of panels commemorating people who had lost their lives to HIV/AIDS.
Moving to District of Columbia? Try these popular cities to learn more about neighborhoods, average rents and deposits that will make finding your new home that much easier. If you are still unsure of where to live try clicking on the map to see all of the apartments for rent in District of Columbia.
Popular Cities in District of Columbia
Featured Properties in District of Columbia
- Quebec House 2800 & 2801 Quebec St NW Washington, DC 20008 Phone Number: (202) 803-8572
- 2400 M 2400 M St NW Washington, DC 20037 Phone Number: (202) 803-8601
- Archstone Van Ness 3003 Van Ness St NW Washington, DC 20008 Phone Number: (202) 999-3720
- Archstone 2501 Porter 2501 Porter St NW Washington, DC 20008 Phone Number: (855) 514-6998
- Avalon at Foxhall 4100 Massachusetts Ave N.W. Washington, DC 20016 Phone Number: (202) 803-8401
- 1500 Mass 1500 Massachusetts Avenue NW Washington, DC 20005 Phone Number: (202) 803-8416
- Archstone First + M 1160 1st St NE Washington, DC 20002 Phone Number: (202) 688-3819
- The Albemarle 4501 Connecticut Ave NW Washington, DC 20008 Phone Number: (202) 681-8959
- The Consulate 2950 Van Ness Street NW Washington, DC 20008 Phone Number: (240) 752-9842
- The Statesman 2020 F St NW Washington, DC 20006 Phone Number: (202) 391-0012