Alaska Apartments for Rent
Alaska has a population of just over 660,000. Its capital, Juneau, is a good place to start to look for apartments for rent, although this city can only be accessed by plane or ferry; other large cities in the state that are somewhat more accessible (thanks to a highly developed marine highway system which serves 30 Alaskan ports and covers 3,500 miles) include Anchorage and Fairbanks.
Alaska joined the Union in 1959, and has the largest landmass of any state. The state celebrates an annual WhaleFest in Sitka, and is also famous for the Iditarod dogsledding race, held to recreate a dogsledding voyage made from Nome to the western Bering Sea Coast in year to save lives in Nome after a diphtheria epidemic exhausted local supplies of serum. Perks of living in Alaska? Seafood is cheap and wild-caught (visit Alaskaseafood.org to learn more about the seafood industry in the state), and game meat is abundant and out of the ordinary, consisting of moose and reindeer rather than just plain beef. The World Ice Art Championships are also held in Alaska, which is one-fifth the size of the continental U.S.
Nature and wildlife enthusiasts and mountaineering aficionados won't have to look far to find reasons to love Alaska: the state has 17 of the nation's 20 highest peaks, including legendary Mt. McKinley (TravelAlaska.com). Other impressive statistics? The state has 32 species of carnivores (more than any other state) and 15 national parks, preserves and monuments, according to the National Park Service; it also has 3 million lakes, over 3,000 rivers, and according to the state's Department of Fish and Game has the nation's largest known concentration of bald eagles, which gathers near the town of Haines between October and January to feed on salmon swimming upstream in the Chilkat River.
Moving to Alaska? Try these popular cities to learn more about neighborhoods, average rents and deposits that will make finding your new home that much easier. If you are still unsure of where to live try clicking on the map to see all of the apartments for rent in Alaska.
Popular Cities in Alaska
- Anchorage Apartments
- Bethel Apartments
- Chugiak Apartments
- Douglas Apartments
- Eagle River Apartments
- Elmendorf Afb Apartments
- Fairbanks Apartments
- Fort Richardson Apartments
- Hope Apartments
- Indian Apartments
- Ketchikan Apartments
- North Pole Apartments
- Trapper Creek Apartments
- Wasilla Apartments
- Yakutat Apartments
Featured Properties in Alaska
- Birchwood Homes 1066 Turnagin Loop Fairbanks, AK 99701 Phone Number: (877) 386-2718
- Park Plaza I 201 E 16th Avenue Anchorage, AK 99501 Phone Number: (844) 494-7578
- Castle 915 W 27th Avenue Anchorage, AK 99503 Phone Number: (844) 494-7538
- Strawberry Lane Apartment Homes 2001 W 80th Avenue Anchorage, AK 99502 Phone Number: (844) 494-7503
- Russian Jack 4545 Reka Drive Anchorage, AK 99508 Phone Number: (855) 976-2754
- 6135 E. Tudor Rd, Anchorage 6135 E. Tudor Rd Anchorage, AK 99507 Phone Number: (907) 268-1148
- $1495 One bedroom in Anchorage-Denali Denali Anchorage, AK 99501 Phone Number: (201) 845-7300
- $850 Two bedroom in Russian Mission-Lucille Lucille Russian Mission, AK 99657 Phone Number: (201) 845-7300
- $1200 studio in Anchorage-2150 Seward Highway 2150 Seward Highway Anchorage, AK 99503 Phone Number: (201) 845-7300
- 1024 E 12th Ave, Anchorage 1024 E 12th Ave Anchorage, AK 99501 Phone Number: (907) 343-8944