Montana Homes for Rent
Appropriately enough, Montana was named simply for the Spanish word for mountain. Granite Peak, its highest point, towers an impressive 12,800 feet above sea level, and the western third of the state is nestled in the Rocky Mountains. The eastern two-thirds of the state are prairie which consists of rolling hills and rocky badlands that have eroded into stunning formations. Montana is known for its wilderness areas and is home to the United States'' first National Park, Yellowstone. Each year, millions of visitors come to Montana to see Yellowstone National Park, Glacier National Park and other scenic areas of the state, making revenue from tourism an important part of Montana''s economy. The state is also rich in natural resources, and many Montanans find work collecting lumber and minerals, including gold, silver and coal, from the land. Though Montana is rich in natural resources, heavy taxation has made it difficult for people to earn much money off of these resources, and Montana is has one of the lowest per capita incomes in the United States. Montana is a sparsely populated state and though it is the fourth largest in the nation, has a total population of under a million people. The capital, Helena, has about 25,000 residents, while the largest city in the state, Billings, has about 100,000. Outdoor activities, including hiking, camping, hunting and fishing are all popular in Montana, and there is plenty of room for residents and visitors to get away from the bustle of city life in the vast stretches of undeveloped land. Microbreweries are also popular in Montana and the state ranks third in the United States for breweries per capita.
Relocating to Montana? Look into these popular cities to learn more about average rents and market trends that will make finding your new home that much easier. If you are still unsure of where to live try clicking on the map to see all of the houses for rent in Montana.
Search By Map
Rental Properties in Montana
- $1650 Three bedroom in Bozeman-5573 Hamilton CT 5573 Hamilton CT Bozeman, MT 59718 Phone Number: (201) 845-7300
- 644 1st Ave E, Kalispell 644 1st Ave E Kalispell, MT 59901 Phone Number: (406) 752-5600
- 128 High Rd, Hamilton 128 High Rd Hamilton, MT 59840 Phone Number: (406) 360-2732
- 23 Sitting Bull Rd. #1308 , Big Sky 23 Sitting Bull Rd. #1308 Big Sky, MT 59716 Phone Number: (406) 995-2848
- 29 Sitting Bull Rd. #1233, Big Sky 29 Sitting Bull Rd. #1233 Big Sky, MT 59716 Phone Number: (406) 995-2848
- 4984 Hugo Way, Lolo 4984 Hugo Way Lolo, MT 59847 Phone Number: (406) 360-2735
- 29 Sitting Bull Rd. #1234, Big Sky 29 Sitting Bull Rd. #1234 Big Sky, MT 59716 Phone Number: (406) 995-2848
- 50 Spruce Cone Dr. #11, Big Sky 50 Spruce Cone Dr. #11 Big Sky, MT 59716 Phone Number: (406) 995-2848
- 23 Sitting Bull Rd. #1329, Big Sky 23 Sitting Bull Rd. #1329 Big Sky, MT 59716 Phone Number: (406) 995-2848
- 502 Peosta, Helena 502 Peosta Helena, MT 59601 Phone Number: (406) 422-1081