The area that would eventually become present-day Beeville was first settled around 1830. It was originally named Maryville after Mary Heffernan, who was from one of the three first families to settle the area. The town was eventually named Beeville for Bernard Bee, a secretary of state and secretary of war for Texas. The year 1859 saw the opening of Beeville's first post office, and 1886 saw the arrival of the railroad, which exponentially grew the area's population. The town's population continued to grow greatly after the Texas oil boom brought workers and their families to the area.
Almost all of Beeville’s schools fall under one of three organizations: Beeville Independent School District, A C Jones High School, or Coastal Bend College. The Beeville Independent School District educates young minds from Beeville, nearby Blue Berry Hill, and other parts of Bee County. Hampton-Moreno-Dugat Early Childhood Center is the only preschool, while there are three elementary schools that teach up through grade five. The district has one middle school for grades 6 through 8 and one high school. The schools consistently meet Texas’s academic standards year after year, and offer a number of extracurricular activities if your children enjoy art, music, or sports.