About Franklin, MA
The Town of Franklin was incorporated in 1778 under the name of Exeter. However, the name was changed to honor Statesman Benjamin Franklin and in return, he donated 116 books to the library where they remain today. The largest Catholic church in the area is also located in the city and has over 15,000 members. With current amenities, Franklin has plenty to offer residents, yet it retains a charm that can only be found in a small town community.