517 King Street has served many purposes in its long life. The historic building opened in 1916 as St. Joseph Academy, a Catholic school, and later became St. Paul's Elementary School. In 1972 the Navy purchased the building, which functioned as a United Service Organization facility until 1976. A lease agreement then allowed the YMCA to operate there until 1992. Today, the beautiful building, site and history have all been brought back to life in the form of 20 stylish and completely renovated housing units, each offering a character and charm of its own. Hardwood floors, 9-20 foot ceilings and exposed brick adorn the structure, while large windows overlook cityscape with harbor views in the distance. In-unit washers and dryers, stainless steel appliances, and on-site fitness center and parking, all add convenience and comfort for those who call 517 King home. The downtown location is within walking distance of a historic movie house, concert venues, restaurants, shops, public tran...
This property is managed by Five17 King Apartments