About Florence, KY
Originally called “Crossroads” due to the convergence of several roads in the area, Florence was renamed in 1830 to honor Italy. After the construction of the Covington-Lexington Turnpike, the town became a third class city due to its population increase. Known to surrounding areas for the local water tower in the town, Florence holds true to its southern roots. With plenty of shopping, business, and housing options, the town has lots to offer residents both old and new.